For the foreseeable future, it looks like the corona virus will play a large role in our lives. In the coming months we want to give circus performers the opportunity to do the training necessary to be able to continue working as a circus performer.
We will follow governmental guidelines at all times, which means we might have to adapt or close the studio unexpectedly and at any time. We will keep everyone updated through this website and the circus studio WhatsApp group.
In general, if you display any corona symptoms whatsoever, you are not allowed to train in the studio until further notice.
Currently the Circus Studio is open for limited training. A volunteer will be present at all times to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Please listen to this volunteer. The studio is divided in four corners. An aerial corner with two rigging points, an acro corner with a longe, and a juggling corner. The fourth corner is reserved for volunteers and has an aerial rigging point.
- The day is divided in three blocks: 09.00 to 11.45, 12.00 to 14.45 and 15.00 to 17.45. This means we will have 45 training spots per week.
- People who want to train can schedule themselves in the online document found at the bottom of this page.
- Professionals can train 2 times a week and register for training starting every Monday 7 days before the week of training. They are allowed to train with their usual partner(s), though we ask to keep groups as small as possible.
- Codarts Students can train 2 times a week and register for training starting every Thursday 4 days before the week of training. Codarts students are only allowed to train as long as they keep a 1.5 meter distance at all times, which generally means only solo training. The only exception are people who live together or are in a romantic relationship.
- Sadly, amateurs are currently not allowed to train due to government restrictions.
- Volunteers can train in their own corner if they want.
- Everyone can only use their own equipment. Everyone needs to wash their hands before entering the studio, and before every time they use the rigging.
- All general studio equipment is off limits, with exception to the mats. There will be three groups of mats for the three different blocks of time, so any used mat will only be used a full day later. The volunteer will tell you which mats you can use.
All payments to the studio will be invoiced using the same system we use now (day pass, 10 day pass, year pass, etc). It will not be possible to pay cash, you will get an invoice that you can pay by bank transfer.